Dear Village at Belmar Community,
We are providing notice that a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. This staff member was fully vaccinated making this a breakthrough case of COVID-19. They are currently isolated in their home and resting comfortably. We are in the process of conducting contact tracing and will take appropriate steps with anyone who falls within the follow-up guidelines. This staff member did not have direct resident contact prior to testing positive.
We have now had two Independent Living Flats residents and our first staff member who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past week, making it now necessary to revise some of our current protocols within the community. These changes will be effective immediately and will be in effect until further notice:
- All residents and staff members will be tested by end of day Tuesday, August 3rd.
- All Indoor Visitation is suspended until further notice.
- All visits will need to take place outdoors. If your loved one needs staff assistance to participate in an outdoor visit, please call the concierge at (303) 351-5455 to make arrangements for staff assistance.
- All residents and staff members will need to wear a mask at all times when inside the community
- Dining room service in Assisted Living and Memory Care will be discontinued until further notice. Meal delivery will resume, and menu selections will be made during delivery of each meal, for the following meal.
- Assisted Living and Memory Care group activities will be suspended until further notice
- Bistro service will continue on a “to-go” basis with masking and social distancing.
- Service in the Independent Living dining room will be discontinued until further notice. We will resume meal delivery while the dining room is closed. Please call the concierge desk at (303) 351-5455 to place all food delivery orders.
- All Independent Living indoor life enrichment programs will be discontinued until further notice. Outdoor programming will continue with appropriate social distancing.
As always, we continue to be in close communication with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Jefferson County Health Department and are following their guidelines, direction and protocols around COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation. We understand how terrible frustrating it is to lose the ability to visit your loved ones indoors, and we hope that with extreme diligence these changes can be short lived and that we can back to normal operations in short order.
We urge all residents to continue to limit contact with any individuals, groups, or large crowds, of those who have not received their full COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Village at Belmar’s Executive Director, Rebecca Norris, at (303) 351-5455.
Tom & Susie Finley – Founder & Principal