Dear Village at Belmar Community,
We are happy to inform everyone that the guidance from the Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) for visitation has been updated related to Covid-19! Many of you have asked about changes in visitation related to guidance recently released by the Center for Medicare Services (CMS). The guidance that applies to Carillon at Belleview Station for visitation is not mandated by the CMS, but rather CDPHE. These recent revisions can be summarized as follows:
- Residents who are vaccinated no longer need to quarantine for 14 days after being out of the community overnight.
- Residents who have had a known exposure to someone who is Covid positive must quarantine for 14 days whether vaccinated or not.
- Visitation for vaccinated residents has been liberalized to the following guidelines:
- Visits may now be conducted in the resident apartment.
- Visits will continue to be by appointment using the same process as previously, limited to 2 visitors at a time and a timeframe of 45 minutes.
- Both residents and visitors must use a mask and socially distance from staff and other residents.
- Visitors may make physical contact with their resident if they are masked and sanitize their hands both before and after.
- Unvaccinated residents may visit with their loved ones in common areas without physical contact and must follow all the above guidelines. Again, these visits must be scheduled and limited to 2 visitors for 45 minutes.
- Guidance for dining and small group activities has not changed. Residents must mask and use social distancing during all activities.
- Just as our associates continue to mask and use proper infection control practices, we ask that all residents mask when out of their apartment, sanitize their hands frequently and maintain six feet of distance from others in the community.
- Family members and/or guests are still not permitted to join residents at the community for meals or life enrichment programming.
- Weekly testing will continue for all associates and for residents that have been out of the community in the past week.
We continue to carefully screen all individuals who enter the community and ask that you not visit if you are feeling ill or have been exposed to anyone with Covide-19. None of the Covid vaccines are 100% effective and there are new variants of the virus being identified regularly. For these reasons, we encourage all family members and friends who visit to limit their exposure out in public prior to your visit.
We have been in continued close communication with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) and Jefferson County Health Department and are following their direction and protocols, as well as those of our Medical Consultant, Dr. Gagandeep Singh. We will notify you of any further changes.
As a reminder, as we communicated to you earlier in the month, standard charges for meals and meal delivery will resume on April 1st.
Thank you for your continued vigilance in keeping yourself, your loved ones, and our associates safe during this challenging time. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Village at Belmar’s Executive Director, Rebecca Norris, at (303)351-5455.
Tom & Susie Finley – Founder & Principal